Bacon, Beds, Brews from Witt Hullander on Vimeo.
Corporate and community teams of 5 build their beds and compete for top spots in creativity, fundraising, and, of course, speed on the course!
Teams advance through a series of heats and some serious fun.
Following the Bed Race, event participants can enjoy a Halloween celebration featuring local brews and spirits, food trucks, live music, and more!
HOW DOES IT WORK?
• Teams of five (5) sign up to race a bed; one (1) person rides. • Bed must adhere to guidelines.
• Entry fee: $500.00 to be paid at time of registration.
• Racecourse is 1/8 of mile.
• All participants must register on-line and sign waiver.
• Teams choose their own themes.
• Participants are encouraged to dress along with the bed theme decoration to win prizes.
BED RACE RULES AND GUIDELINES
• Each team consists of 5 people who race (4 Runners, 1 Rider). The Rider must wear helmet.
• Two beds will race twice for a best time trial. Top 20 times will race in elimination rounds
• All beds must be decorated (Remember there is also a contest for best decorated)
• Any size wheels are permitted
• No breaking or steering devices allowed
• Pushing the bed only during the race, no pulling
• All 5 team members must pass finish line (with the bed) to win
• Twin or full bed size only.
• Mattress or padding (minimum of 4 inches thick) must be part of design
• The design must mimic a bed with headboard and footboard. A parade bed is race bed!
• Beds must have a minimum of four wheels, one in each corner, all must touch the ground.
• Beds can be decorated in any way but must have a headboard and footboard as part of the design.
• Bed cannot have any means of propulsion other than the team pushing it.
• No motors. No steering mechanism. Human power only. No brakes.
• Bed may have push bars not extending more than 10 inches out. Nothing sharp may be part of the bed.
• No sharp items, glass, flames, or obscene items on beds. Beds will be disqualified for any of these violations.
• Beds not constructed according to the rules will be need to be modified to adhere to them prior to the race.
Contact: Michelle Eimers, Director Special Spaces Knoxville
Phone: 865-249-6079 or 509-863-2691
Prefer to pay by check? Mail to: 448 N Cedar Bluff Rd, #350 Knoxville, TN 37923